Thread: Mk14 vdu
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 11:59 pm   #551
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Mk14 vdu

OK Karen, I wasn't sure, at one point you were trying to decide whether to stay at the same baud rate and double up all the transmitted pixels, or drop the baud rate in graphics mode and transmit one bit per pixel. I didn't know which way you went in the end. You should be able to get an idea of the actual difference in duration / width of the bright line from image #2 of #546.

To Tim: I actually much prefer analogue scopes, ideally ones which have a digital frame store built in as an afterthought so my weapon of choice at work is still a Hameg hybrid (analogue-with a digital-
bit clagged on) CRT scope. Also has that very handy V/I component analyser built in, very much a Hameg feature.

The one I've been using here at home for the off-system grabs is a modern but basic 'Multicomp' model identical to some we have at work - I test drove those for a while and decided to get one myself. I could wish that the pixel resolution of its screen was at least twice as high but it is not bad for what I have been using it for here.

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 24th Oct 2020 at 12:15 am.