View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2011, 8:26 pm   #17
petertheorgan
Hexode

Default Re: Adding earth lead to vintage radio.

HI David

To be honest , I dont think anybody on here can give you a definite answer on here from the information that you have supplied , and it is alway arguable whether you should attempt to modify vintage radios anyway , all my collection of radios and televisions are original and most are fitted with 5 amp , two pin plugs ,
However I would never leave any of them connected when I was not in the room and I would be very careful not to allow children or uninformed people to tinker with them .

What would be of more help to you is to obtain the said radio and then ask one of the local members of the forum if you could bring the radio over for them to take a look at and then they could give you a definate oppinion on the mains arrangements .
Also , you would probally learn more in an hour looking over somebody's shoulder that just looking at the PC ( I did ) and without going off topic too much , I can really thank one respected member of this forum for giving me vast amounts of help and teaching me vast amounts about restoring vintage televisions .

Good Luck

Peter

Last edited by petertheorgan; 5th Nov 2011 at 8:27 pm. Reason: spelling