View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2020, 5:50 pm   #16
bionicmerlin
Heptode

Default Re: Marconi 1400 birthday present

Bit of a late reply. The reason mostly is I don’t like just changing parts that you recommend without studying them on the diagram and try and work out what they do. Part of my hopefully learning strategy.
So far the width is almost correct. acceptable to me but another 1/2 inch would be better.
The clamp on the tube coils dosnt want to move I’m worried if I force it it will break being nylon.
I have been reading some articles by John Law from PT online . He said for poor contrast change valve PCF808 . That has worked wonders.
The focus has little affect as before but I think it’s got better.
I sorted the horizontal problem sorted it’s self out . For the vertical hold I changed a resistor again John Law . It helped but to sort it completely I changed PCL805 and 30FL1. It only sorted it changing both valves.

The tuner for 625 is at fault. I tried one from a scrap set . That sort of works but like the 1500 tuner the plastic bits to the tuner knobs go so it won’t hold in.
I will investigate the faulty tuner later.
Thanks for the pictures of the other sets .i do have that one as well . Although I might put that stand on it as shown in the picture as I have one .
There is no label on my circuit board as you said there might be.
Thanks as always Andy