View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 3:02 pm   #2008
bikerhifinut
Octode

Default Re: The Audiophoolery Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astral highway View Post
I’ve just found a giant gap in the market! Yay! £££& coming my way! With such ‘dirty’ and underpowered 240V AC colts coming in to your fine rhodium/platinum power lead, what’s needed is something more robust.

I will be boxing up and badging as ‘audiophile’ a fantastic new power- supply which — wait for it- runs from three-phase and provides clean and powerful power where it’s needed. A group of 100A-capable bridge rectifiers is followed by a bank 12,000 uF of EPCOS capacitors, providing a crystal clear and yet fully muscular energy to the amplifier. Why, you could even DJ at Glastonbury with this wonder.

And this beauty will retail for only £999 monies.
I bet someone's already beaten you to this. and 12000uF of Epcos (fairly normal standard brand) is about what you'll find in a quad405. You'll have to sell it a bit harder al sorry, i'd suggest a hand polished tropical rosewood case for its non magnetic and low accoustic resonance properties and beeswax encapsulation around the rectifiers. Or something else equally organic to get an "organic" sound.
This also has probably already been done by someone, I ceased to be surprised a long time ago.
A.
bikerhifinut is offline   Reply With Quote