View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 2:53 pm   #2007
bikerhifinut
Octode

Default Re: The Audiophoolery Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
I think the key to understanding audiophiles is that they seem to take all movements of energy and information as being mechanical. They just haven't made the transition to electricity at all.

Speaker cables need to be made as if they were carrying literal vibrations to the cones.

It explains why even amplifiers with no moving parts have to be stood on individual stands with spiky feet, and those thingies for standing cables on, made of exotic woods.

Everything has to look right to them and their viewpoint is mechanical.

David
As I understand it, the argument goes that vibrations transmitted via the ground or air or whatever medium the protagonists suggest, deform the wire and insulation combination/interface thus generating an electrical signal that interferes with the music signal, which in turn causes "smearing" of the sound whatever that means.
And again theres the ones who say that certain conductor and dielectric/insulation interfaces and constructions deform under the applied music signal and this also alters the timing of different frequencies arrival at the speaker or amp input.
It's a belief system and as long as you accept it as such I dont mind.

I figure the poor souls can't win......................

Andy
bikerhifinut is offline   Reply With Quote