View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2022, 11:00 am   #50
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Tesla Programmer

Quote:
I seem to recall telling you that was what I was planning
And that was several years ago now. (I know, I know, real life really did get in the way in your case).

I suppose the fundamental first block of any code to support such a programmer will be a function to read bit (x) of address (y). The next function will be one which programmes bit (x) of address (y). You can do a lot of testing with just those two blocks by manually editing the values of (x) and (y) before then going on to add further code to programme all 512 nibbles of a chip, at which point the project needs some way of acquiring the code to be programmed either via a USB serial link or from an SD card.

What sort of UI do you envisage, command line via terminal, or an LCD display and a few buttons?

In its most primitive form there could be no actual UI and a specific .ino sketch to programme each likely target with the binary file INCLUDEd in the source. So there'd be a Prog_MK14_U2.ino and a Prog_MK14_U3.ino, or maybe in the MK14 specific case the binaries for both ICs INCLUDEd in the source and a simple pair of pushbuttons: Push one, it programmes the U2 code, push the other, it programmes the U3 code. Maybe expand this to more INCLUDEd files and more pushbuttons to choose those, or a rotary 'code select' switch and a single 'programme' button. Three quick LED flashes for success, continuous slow LED flashes for fail.

Anyone who wanted to programme unique code could just INCLUDE their own code in the sketch instead of the codes supplied with the project.