View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 8:41 am   #1
Mikey405
Octode

Default Downloadable Test Card DVD

Hi everyone.

Here's a new version of the Test Card DVD all ready to download and burn using your favourite .ISO burner program.

http://www.oldtechnology.net/TestCardDisc/V0.12.iso

The new version (v0.12) has an extra recreated slide of Sylvia Peters in colour and, although I guess it's not strictly a Test Card (it's really a tuning signal), it's still quite a nice thing to show on really old colour sets.

As well as Sylvia, the DVD has on it:

Test card C
Test card D
Test card F
Test card J
An experimental colour test card

There are also a few other odds and ends such as cross-hatch, pulse and bar, colour bars, grey scale etc.

The DVD is recorded so that each picture will remain on the screen indefinitely (most DVD players will spin down and turn off the laser after a fairly short period too). Sometimes my horrible cheap-and-nasty DVD player has trouble finding the root menu straight away after it has spun down, but most DVD players don't seem to mind the odd format.

To keep the disc size small (and so that the DVD can act as a simple frame-store) there is no music or sound - I use a little Sandisk "Sansa Clip" MP3 player loaded up with lots of test card music and plug it in with a USB power adapter next to the DVD player and just let it play on a long loop.

Anyway, feel free to download and enjoy.

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

EDIT BY MOD TEAM:
Link to the latest version is in post 53. Please use that rather than the link in this post, and see the discussion below for details of changes.

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 10th Dec 2013 at 9:11 pm. Reason: Added link to latest version.