View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2020, 11:20 pm   #1
Richard_FM
Nonode

Default Pye Rambler 14 35BX1045/05S

I've picked up the set that marc_in_manc offered a few day ago.

It looks like it it will be a long term project, so far I've only done the basics.

The good news is that I could tune it into a games console & ran for a few minutes without showing any problems. The front pots seemed to be operating without any noise, & are probably easy to access compared to the 12" chassis as the are at the side of the CRT.

The bad news is the condition of the case is poor, with the paintwork quite messy and lots of scratches and a couple of patches that look like the plastic has melted. While it could be repainted if I could find a good paint match, but the melted parts would need to be smoothed down & refilled like car bodywork.

I've given it a wipe over so far with anti-bacterial spray and removed some paint spots with white vinegar.

Other problems include a loose aerial socket, a missing vertical hold knob and a slight buzzing sound when the set is plugged in but turned off. Another potential worry is the case screws don't look original, so I hope it's not been bodged.