View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 4:48 pm   #16
electronicskip
Nonode

Default Re: Matsui saved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatercathodeshort View Post
Nice job there Rich.
I used to repair cartloads of these and the Saisho equivalent. Saisho were sold by Dixons, Matsui were Currys. Very straightforward and all the common spares were available from SEME etc. They were reliable with mainly PSU faults.[Change the PSU chip and the overvoltage protection R2M diode, check everything,put back on, soak test and write out the bill.
To my advantage some guys would not touch these brands. They considered them the Trailer Park Trash of the TV World. I like the so called Trailer Trash and other own brands such as TRIUMPH [Currys and AUTOVOX [Comet].They were some of the best receivers available at that time.

Their video recorders were the same. Super reliable predictable machines but again some repair guys turned their noses up at them preferring to spend hours on some snooty make that gave little return for your labours. They were some of the first to leave the trade.
Keep up the good work. John.
The Rumbelows equivalent was the Osaki range of portable tvs and video recorders.
The name originated after the buyers were returning from a trip to Osaka so i am lead to believe.