View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 5:23 pm   #7
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: HES2 House Exchange System

With the help of the "Q" diagrams and my request for appropriate jacks, I have made a certain amount of progress with this project, and I feel it's about time to give a progress report.

As a result of my posts here and in the request, I was offered a further HES2 terminal by a forum member and have now acquired it, complete with a Jack 54. I also discovered that a dead HES2 that I have (about which I had totally forgotten) also has a Jack. I have therefore constructed the start of a demo setup for the HES2, as shown below, so far with two positions for HES2 telephones, but the intention is for four telephones and a transfer unit.

So far, I have managed to get two telephones talking to each other but seem unable to connect to a telephone line. When pressing the exchange line button, the battery power is cut off from the handset, but no connection is made to the line. Noting that (according to Q131) relay AA needs to operate to connect the exchange line (via AA1 and AA3), I have "earthed" the "D" wire, but this doesn't cause the relay to operate, but even manually depressing the armature on the relay doesn't give me a line connection. Any suggestions on this would be welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HES2 demo setup.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	206654