Heptode

Default Re: The space in the STD codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip5678 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 198 kHz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellseinydd View Post

It was sometimes used as the 'Fault Reporting' Telephone number in an exchange. On five/six digit exchanges it would have other digits prefixed.
There were 69 out of the 549 Group Switching Centre/Trunk Switching Centre phone numbers that ended in 2211 - just as many in 2111 and way more ending in just 111.

2190 for originally the standard for UAX7 and UAX14's. Also used for some four digit Non-Director GSCs.

UAX12 ad 13's used 290.
Ah, thanks for clarification. As the original mention of 2211 was in pip5678's post about director areas, I was thinking of Scotland Yard's WHI 1212.
The Special Faults phone in my GSC was 22221, and frequently received calls for the city's cop shop, which was 22222.
One day someone rang asking for PC Collins, so the phone was handed to an engineer whose name was Phil Collins, and happened to have the middle initial C.
Cue much confusion.
Yes 198 kHz, 2211 was the special faults number in director area local exchanges I was familiar with. The GSC I worked at, in a director area, but served non-director areas too, ended in 1458. The special faults lines were used by other exchanges and external engineers to call in on ... and countless calls from wives and girfriends. Happy days!
Ah! Ashton under Lyne according to my BT list of all the Group and Trunk Centre Fault Reporting(Special Faults) numbers but none of the other Manchester Director Area numbers are 2211 - in fact there aren't any 2211 or similar numbers in any of the Director Areas. The only 'standard' numbers were the ones on UAXs - 290 and 2190 as they were 'built in' to the rack wiring.