Thread: Superglue.
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2021, 4:26 pm   #20
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Superglue.

It seems from reading this thread that Gorilla Superglue gets a lot of votes. I've always been wary of "Gorilla" branded products because the name seems a bit naff, maybe I'm wrong.

I've encountered the same problem as the OP and will probably give his fix a go. The problem of blocked nozzles and leaky tubes leaving storage drawers or containers gacked up is one I've encountered with all sorts of glue and polishes etc.

Araldite or epoxy just seems to get everywhere, the two tube syringes are useless,they never dispense the right amount of hardener to epoxy, the lids ill fitting.

The other issue I've encountered is the ali tubes on some glues crack, oozing out glue or whatever.Autosol is a b***er for this. A lot of this stuff isn't cheap,the wastage & mess is a thorn in the side. Fed up with heat compound getting every where I bought a syringe of Servisol heat compound. No more mess but the stuff has gone solid in the tube, and needs a Gorilla to push it out. Of coarse what then happens is instead of a small amount of compound I then get a gurt big squirt of the stuff.

I've had success with keeping tyre puncture stuff in the fridge, and have recently hit on popping the tube of whatever substance briefly in the microwave. This works with epoxy, toothpaste, shampoo, Daddies sauce or whatever to get the last dropout without too much mess.

Andy.