Thread: Superglue.
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2021, 11:28 am   #1
peterpixel
Pentode

Default Superglue.

Superglue.Over many years I've used superglue with usually great success but always been frustrated when coming back to use a tube because glue in the plastic nozzle has gone off and I have to run a fine drill down the nozzle to release a supply. I long ago decided to dispense with applying it through the nozzle and removed the whole plastic part each time applying directly from the metal tube top. This in turn led to problems removing the plastic part from the metal tube due to it being superglued. I tried cleaning the metal thread each time but that didn't always work and I tried greasing the thread with the same result. Recently I tried using one layer of Sellotape applied from the tube shoulder up the thread over the opening and down the thread opposite and then applying the plastic cap and nozzle. The cap is unaffected by the presence by the thickness of the tape. Next time it's used just remove the cap then the tape, use the glue, clean any glue on the thread, reapply new tape and then the cap. Since using this method over the last month I've had no problems with any applications. What methods do others use,perhaps I'm missing something simpler. Best regards, Peter.