View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 6:40 pm   #26
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: Water slide transfers.

Hi,

Firstly I would like to offer my most sincere thanks to Radio Dave; David has just kept his promise and sent me beautiful graphics of Marconi transfers which I'm adding to CD as I certainly don't want to lose them.

It will be very interesting Alan to see how you get on with the printer. Following your's and Jim's advice I've spent most of the day searching for an Alps printer and read quite a few reviews all of which praise this Alps printer very highly.

You are right Jim both the Alps MD5000 and the Oki DP5000 are virtually identical printers. I did find a review on the Oki DP5000 under "Mac user" and the printer was quoted at £439. I haven't managed to find an example of either for sale second hand so presume the owners must be highly delighted and hang onto them.

Before retirement I worked in a despatch department and we used OKI printers to produce pallet labels; these printers never broke down and produced many thousands of labels; the labels were supplied in large boxes in the form of continuous stationery; they printed in black only but lasted ages before requiring a new cartridge.

Thanks Mike for the tip off it could save me wasting transfer paper and is a warning to print a single page off first.

I'm surprised how many websites now describe how to make transfers (decals) as it's only a few years ago I couldn't even find a site selling the water slide transfer paper whilst surfing the web.

The transfer paper I bought has now been despatched to me so hopefully it will arrive shortly.

Thanks everyone, Col.