View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2021, 7:31 pm   #2
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Default Re: Scanning of Manuals & Circuit Diagrams?

I don't know the settings, but I have made scans of text better than most downloaded manuals, and photographic prints suitable to be enlarged on our Epson all-in-one printer/scanner. The white point settings on the built-in software worked fine.

I do OCR on Adobe Acrobat, but a cursory search of the Windows Store shows there are innumerable freeware or open source options, and no doubt others if you're not on Windows.

I usually do a downsampling test after scanning a file with a reasonable number of pages. It's possible to reduce tens of MB to a couple without noticeable loss of quality when doing this through Acrobat, though I've not tried with other programmes.

Seeing your message has reminded me that I said I'd look at a pattern brush for your circuit diagrams with Affinity - I'm sorry, it'd completely slipped my mind!

Edit: Speaking of Affinity, is that where you're getting the off-white tint? I had a problem when I first installed the suite where Affinity white was yellowish. There's a thread on the Affinity forum about this.