View Single Post
Old 1st May 2020, 4:26 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Was there any disciplinary procedures in British R & TV factories?

Hi!

Sorry if this one is a bit off–putting to other members, but as a soldering–iron mishap at work has resulted in me being sent home, with a potentially severe disciplinary sanction from my employer to follow, it set me thinking!

We tend to look at the old Radio and TV servicing days with rose–tinted glasses, and I'm as guilty as anyone here in that respect, but I honestly can't resist asking, did the old Radio and TV Assembly Plants and service workshops have disciplinary procedures as we know them today, or was it an age when employees truly were treated so well that such things hardly ever cropped up?

Whenever I look at the relatively friendly looking British Lettering in the circuit diagrams of our manuals (available elsewhere on this forum) it gives me a wistful feeling of friendly employers where you were hardly ever "called upstairs" that I don't get from today's Chinese–Puzzle style diagrams!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 1st May 2020 at 4:39 pm.