View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2021, 11:23 pm   #123
Helder Crespo
Hexode

Default Re: My first telly TV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by beery View Post
Basically increasing the contrast and or brightness causes an increase in beam current on the tube. Because the EHT comes from a fairly high impedance source, more beam current equals lower EHT. The Lower the EHT, the more easily the electron beam is deflected (because it is flowing to the screen more slowly), so the picture gets bigger and the focus is also affected for the same reason.

On the subject of attenuators, the TV22 is not a very sensitive set. I find that 6 dB is fine for a TV22 connected to an aurora or a hegdhog (I think that's how Frank spelt it).

Cheers
Andy
Hi Andy
I tried both a 6dB and a 12dB with the Aurora and the Hedghog (I think I got it right this time!), but apart from the need to increase contrast a bit, I didn't really see any difference in the testcard. What should I look for? It would be great if you could post a before and after image. I do have a bit of overshoot on light/dark vertical transitions, but this didn't go away with the attenuation and I mostly attribute it to non-optimal alignment. Thanks!
Helder

Last edited by Helder Crespo; 20th Feb 2021 at 11:36 pm.