View Single Post
Old 29th May 2020, 7:25 pm   #48
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Writing a test equipment theory and repair book?

Hi!

One point I have been considering, is the style of circuit drawings to use, so I have decided to use the "zigzag", the "loop" and the "blob" (male connector pins) for the theory aspects and equipment built roughly before July 1975, and circuits for equipment released generally July 1975 and afterwards, will use the "box" and the "half–moon", and the "cricket bat" male connector pins!

I have decided on doing it this way as this is what most Members are most familiar with, and the appendix chapter on circuit symbols will include an explanatory note to this effect.

All other circuit symbols will be to a standardized format, as will be all the diagram lettering.

Section Headings are planned in Grotesque and Italic Grotesque for figure captions, as this style was very popular for 1960s and 1970s British T & M Manuals.

Text Typeface will be Baskerville as I find this is clearer to read with large lengths of continuous text than Times New Roman and that horrible old fashioned style "Latex".

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 29th May 2020 at 7:44 pm.