View Single Post
Old 25th May 2020, 9:26 pm   #14
factory
Octode

Default Re: VAT & Customs Duty on imported items

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones01 View Post
I'm also an enthusiastic supporter of the eBay international shipping programme for the same reason: though it's expensive, it's worthwhile just to have the goods turn up on my doorstep without wasting any of my limited time on admin.
Sometimes the GSP works fine, other times they are a PITA if they decide the item is restricted or haven't a clue. You have to be careful to avoid items that may have keywords that trigger this, also be aware that if a item/parcel is too big or heavy they won't accept it either. In each case they dump the items with a reseller.

Also there is a new shipping option for US ebay sellers called "ebay send" this works very similar to GSP, the item goes to a warehouse in Kentucky, but the difference is that customs fees are not prepaid and it's then taken by DHL.
Got my first item arriving by this service, I don't know how much they will charge yet, in fact it's very hard to out if anyone has had trouble with this service due to the two common words they chose to call it.

David