View Single Post
Old 25th May 2020, 12:27 am   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Code-Breakers:Bletchley Park's Lost Heroes

Thanks for the responses chaps. It's good to know that there is someone out there My records suggest that I didn't record the program in 2011 but it could be on VHS which I still used for recording after MY DVD Revolution in 2009 as I only had one DVD Recorder. I did get it on DVD in 2012 so fear not!

I could [perhaps/maybe] do more technical stuff but it's the overall history that really interests me and as you get older it's probably a good idea to prioritise the time you still have available [ie not enough]. I realised tonight, for example, that [I think] Tommy Flowers was brought up in Plaistow, where my daughter used to live when at Uni! See the fascinating thread started by Brunel on May 14th " Bletchley Park "The Parts That The Public Do Not See". I'm on the posts at 12/15/ and 17. You can see that it coincided with a few things for me and the thread is still open
[LA

I've responded to the current [latest] threat to the BBC4 channel by pointing out, to the Guardian and Radio Times, that everything in the NationaL Audio/Video Archives, Public or Private should be much integrated [like the Smithsonian perhaps?] As other have said-that might solve some of the problems on the Bletchley site.

Dave

I've also got "Behind The Scenes At The Museum" astounding! They have to meet sealed in the Pope Mobile Exhibit for security but 2001's HAL isn't reading their lips [as far as I know anyway!]

"Open the Pod Doors please HaL"

Last edited by dave walsh; 25th May 2020 at 12:51 am.