View Single Post
Old 8th May 2020, 3:27 pm   #14
chris.oates
Triode

Default Re: Reverse engineering Lumenition optical switch

I’m keen to contribute something to this group especially in view of the electronics help I received with my similar problem however as I demonstrated my electronics knowledge is rudimentary. I looked into my assorted other bits box and found a complete working example of this device together with an older version that I had picked apart 10 years ago in an attempt at repair, unsuccessful.

The working one demonstrates similar to your observations, the power to the optical detector is about 7.5v, the signal wire is at about 2.5v when unobstructed and 0.8v when obstructed. The trigger occurs when the beam is first obstructed. The photos show the detector powered up, my digital camera doesn’t seem to be seeing any infrared, both lenses are clear.

The photos of the older dissected unit may give some clues if the manufacturer stuck to their design and just used smaller components. I’m afraid I cannot read any of the markings on the tiny 3 legged parts. On the older detector with the eye of faith you could say one half has an orange tinge.

If I can take any measurements or do any experiments I would be pleased to help.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4807.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	205244   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4810.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	205245   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4802.jpg