View Single Post
Old 19th May 2020, 3:17 pm   #10
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: VOIP Phone line and my Bakelite telephones

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanlowe View Post
One thing to be aware of with the grandstream boxes. Many of them are tied to a particular service provider, so resetting to defaults doesn't let you back into the user interface to set them up. So be careful if you buy one online that it is not one of these. Guess how I know?
That applies to any make. If it is not being bought from original supplier, it is always wise to ask 'is it unlocked?' The ones with 'Vonage' logo on them are the worst but some folk have managed with difficulty to unlock them. I've bought Grandstreams recently - a couple of HT701's unlocked for £14.99 each. So is still possible to pick them up. They had been set up for ACN but been reset and I just updated them to latest firmware. The latest firmware for the HT8XX series has a setting 'Pulse Dialling Yes/No' and another setting 'Pulse Dialling - Standard/Swedish' But can I get Grandstream to understand there is the 2:1 make/break pulse ratio that half the worlds still uses. There is quite a market for ATAs with pulse dialling - or will be once Openreach are over to VoIP only before too long! It isn't only telephone collectors who want a pulse phone!