View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2019, 9:03 am   #26
Alan's MagicEye
Tetrode

Default Re: Building a 5 valve A.C. amplifier from scratch

Thank you Terry

You make a very good point although the Levente's first post was in excellent English. I must admit to feeling a little guilty for somewhat hogging this thread, it took me too many postings to try and get my point across. I feel that my initial effort to help the Original Poster has gone off in a slightly undesirable direction.

It would be good to know if Levente, the Original Poster is still following the thread or is totally dismayed......

Hopefully amongst the various comments it is possible to extract something of use.

To summarise, I think that we have suggested the following:

The amplifier in the first post seems to be a Pubic Address amplifier and the feeling on this forum was that the design was a little complicated and possibly not very "Hi-Fi".

A good alternative design is the Mullard 5-10 which has a very good reputation and has detailed design information to enable it to be built.

The next suggestion was a copy of the Decware Zen which also has very detailed constructional information but for which there was a lengthy discussion about its technical merits and a little dismay at the original designers' claims. I said in the my final post that when all technical comments had been made that I still personally liked the sound of it.

It would be very good to hear from Levente.

Alan

Last edited by Alan's MagicEye; 30th Nov 2019 at 9:30 am. Reason: Amended text