View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2019, 12:28 am   #1
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Philips 22CS1002/05t TV

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...newthread&f=37

Just returning to this after a while. I SENT it in for a fix with someone else and it's come back a lot better, but with some differences, and questions.

He modded channels 5-7 into video channels, which I'm pleased about, ut there's a noticeable difference, which the native Channel 8 vcr channel ow also has. Previously when using the dedicated vcr channel, there were visible scan linez, as if it was deinterlaced. This is no longer present. Was the previous appearance a fault?

He's. Made some changes to the guns. He said it was unfixable as the tube was dying. He could short something out to get it working, but that would kill it all the more quicker. Nontheless, he got the 40 minute warm up time down to 20 mins, but I'm not overly keen on the change in picture quality. There is now a quite noticeable blue tinge to everything. When watching something in monochrome it's now blue and white, and turning the colour to minimum doesn't make any difference. Previously monochrome was ok unless there was lots of white, at which point it would temporarily tint red.

Any ideas if there's any way to fix this blue tinge and the warm up? Just asking in case anyone has any extra ideas. Thanks.