View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2023, 12:34 pm   #17
Valvepower
Octode

Default Re: My first single ended stereo amplifier build

Hello,

Ah, it was just one channel, that explains the choke.

It was probably me that mentioned the Super Black Box as I’d recently taken a pair of SBB amplifiers and fettled them to work as a pair of mono amplifiers for line level inputs.

Yes, I’ve seen the Bailey Pentode/Triode phase splitter which is used in the later Radford and Richardson amplifiers. I have Radford STA15 and a Richardson SA170, both of which use that phase splitter. I suppose the Bailey phase splitter was the final word before it all went ‘transistor’ as regards valve amplifiers. Anyway, thanks for the link.

I suppose the reason I went with the Jeffery phase splitter was purely down to finding an original Wireless World High-Quality Audio Amplifiers reprint book (attached) with the original Jeffery article at a BVWS Harpenden Swapmeet what must be 15-20 years ago. I looked at the Jeffery circuit in this book and thought I’ll have a go at that circuit one day!

The Radiospares mains, output transformers, and chassis for the ‘Jeffery’ build also came from BVWS Swapmeets over the years.

Oh-well, better get into the workshop and put a few more hours into the current guitar amp build – today, it’s wiring input jack sockets and preparing the tag panel with leads to connect to valve bases, controls and suchlike etc., etc.

Terry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5440.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	272720   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5442.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	272721