View Single Post
Old 20th May 2021, 7:17 am   #104
ortek_service
Octode

Default Re: Early EPROM programmer. (Softy 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
I like the idea of 'crowdsourcing' the reproduction of the EPROM contents from screen shots.
I was thinking more of 2 people typing the whole thing in each, and then comparing it each others work - kind of 'extreme programming' - rather than splitting the task up between people.
If it's only around 1KB, that original 2708 was (even if they switched to a more-standard 2716 2KB part), then it shouldn't take too long in Hex - I think Chris O. has re-typed in Assembler listings recently, and re-assembled these.

And probably easier than spending nights typing in long basic listings on Spectrums etc. back in the 80's - Only to often be rather disappointed by the program relative to magazine cover shots (Even if you could sort out all the printing bugs!)

Surprisingly, it seems ART are still around and have manuals etc. downloadable: http://www.artbv.eu/support/programmers/epp2/index.htm
- So probably don't need to worry too much about scanning manual etc, or forwarding it on.

My first eraser was an RTVC Kit, with no case (or timer)! - so had to set it up in a closed room, with long extension cable to switch it from a safe distance. But I've now got a few much neater ones, inc. a Psion Datapack eraser and also picked-up the Dataman strobe-eraser rather loud buzzing 'Flash-gordon stun-gun' cheap from, a rally.

Last edited by ortek_service; 20th May 2021 at 7:36 am.