View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2021, 5:36 pm   #13
ChristianFletcher
Heptode

Default Re: Woodsons of Aberdeen SR124

I have uploaded the datasheet for the valves note the valve numbers are what came in the radio and may or may not be correct ones. I have also published a cut down version of the circuit for the SR-12 the set I have is a SR-124 and it certainly looks very close to the circuit diagram.

So my first question what would be the best replacement for the V8 i think this is a double triode stage. I want to avoid rewiring the base as the unit is very compact and hard to work on so what would be the ideal replacement ? I have quite few valves in stock but I making a point of only stocking what I dont ever actually need for some reason. so a few alternatives would be welcome

I found the reason for the previous smoke in audio output statge 6BW6 that the cathode resistor has gone high from 1k to 4K and the capacitor was near to short cuicuit. I have also repaced the grid coupling cap as it measured 2meg. The 6BW6 is decribed as an RF valve so why is it being used in an audio stage ?

I now get a nice hum when I touch the grid so it is making audio so that progress

finally the drawing of the EBF80 in the valve data looks slightly different to the drawing on the circuit diagram V7 regards the double diod section they come in at an angle on the circuit diagram. Is this a just a differenct drawing for the same thing. I also think the digaram shows D1 D2 pins 7 and 8 swapped around.

Any advice very welcome

regards Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reciever Mark UP.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	232517  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6bw6.pdf (63.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: pdf ebf80-1.pdf (86.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf ech81.pdf (496.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: pdf ef85.pdf (88.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by ChristianFletcher; 24th Apr 2021 at 5:47 pm.