View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2021, 8:51 pm   #42
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: ZX Spectrum Issue 2 / new TVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbucus View Post
Of course you could go full HDMI as well... https://www.bytedelight.com/?product...o-complete-set
Based on what the various things I have come across with the modern ZX Spectrum Next, the original Spectrum has timings that don;t work properly over HDMI, and in the case of the Next, when it's connected via HDMI, the games run at a slightly wrong speed because of it.
I have no idea how the RF from the Spectrum will trnaslate via a HDMI convertor.
I'm pretty sure that the Spectrum Show on Youtube had something in one of the episodes about something that could be attached to original Spectrums to get a flatscreen tv friendly signal.

As an alternative, there is a very good Spectrum emulator on the Wii, which also allows key reassigning to a game controller, which is very good for games with bad key layouts, of which there are a fair few.

My Next won't work properly with my led flatscreen via rgb-scart, and I get very bad image tearing, I think it's something to do with the Next and the TV maybe being out of synch, and not refreshing the frames correctly. From what I can gather, the problem seems to be mostly the fault of the TV. I have yet to try it over VGA, that may solve the problem.