View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2020, 6:55 am   #17
ricard
Octode

Default Re: Help with Tandberg Model 15 2 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOfBremen View Post
I would be interested in finding out the year it was made - perhaps there are some differences over the years?
If you want to find out the exact production date, there should be a sticker on the mains transformer, on the side facing the joystick, so not always obvious to spot first time around. It will have a two-digit year and week printed on it. Any production changes noted in the service manual will refer to the serial number on the back though.

Apart from the change to LH tape (originally I believe indicated by a sticker on one of the reel holders saying "Adjusted for Low Noise tape" or something to that effect) I don't think there were many changes made during the course of production. However, at some point I think they revised the materials used for the rec/pb switch and after that it became a lot less prone to becoming scratchy. I have a 1983 model (like Ben was referring to) in a black plastic case which has this.

One interior cosmetic difference at some point (mid 1970s?) was the change from nickel plated (?) steel to chrome passivation, so the color of all internal metal parts changed from silver-y to gold-ish.