Thread: Mk14 vdu
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2020, 6:27 pm   #651
Mark1960
Octode

Default Re: Mk14 vdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
Can't be the current character as that is changing at the rate of a zillion per second with the reduced timing delay, but the character below the 'M' in your name only changes maybe from one minute to the next. I think that's an unintentional change but I will have another look at it.
Is there a relationship between the address of the rolling character and the address that is randomly changing?

Is the random changing character random or related to the rolling character?

Maybe repeatedly writing the same character or changing the address of the rolling character could find some clue.

Is it possible to capture NWDS with trigger from falling edge to see if and how much it can be shortened? Also wondering if it goes straight to floating when shortened, but pulled high at the end of a completed cycle.

I find the level of A0 in the scope traces a bit disturbing as it seems to float somewhere at neither high or low when the SC/MP is not driving it, but occasionally is pulled low for very short periods that look too short to be a bus cycle. Could be nothing to do with this problem though.