View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2021, 8:08 pm   #8
IAmATeaf
Diode

Default Re: Grundig VS 680 VPT

I actually swapped the pulsing deck between the VCRs and it does the same when installed in either. I think I need to dismantle the loading mechanism and put it back together properly.

In another thread, not the exact same model somebody mentioned some reset points which temporarily overcomes the AO lock, does anybody have any ideas as to where these might be as at least it will allow me to test the rest of the functionality of the VCR that seems fine.

I also had another read of the service manual and the position for STOP and/or WINDING MODE mentioned means none of the deck mechanism alignments mentioned line up with the service guide which is really confusing me. But on the deck that appears to work it draws the tape in, fully loads it around the drum and then parks itself in the STOP mode.

I have had this deck actually play a tape at FF search speed where it then proceeded to load the tape around the drum and then play the tape at 2 or 3 times speed but again none of the buttons on the front would do anything so had to power off which put me back into STOP mode and AO. ��