View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2021, 8:18 pm   #1
IAmATeaf
Diode

Default Grundig VS 680 VPT

Hi there, new member alert 😀

I’ve been given a pair of faulty Grundig VS 680 VCRs. I’ve replaced the paper X2 capacitors with modern equivalent capacitor and both VCRs now power up but they both show the dreaded AO status on the display. I’ve also replaced the dead battery in one of them but can’t get past the AO status on the display.

I’ve read a thread here on a similar model and have tried entering 4934 and 8500 as codes but I don’t have a remote so am not too sure if entering the unlock code from the front panel is even allowed, it doesn’t seem to work anyway.

One VCR accepts the tape, goes through the motions of loading the tape then move back into its rest position after which the tape can’t be ejected. The other refuses to accept the tape, nothing seems to draw the tape in but I’m still looking into this.

In the other thread it was mentioned that there are some points on a circuit board to temporarily reset the VCR but I’ve not been able to find any points like this so am wondering if anybody here knows which board and where the reset points actually are.

Would be a shame to bin them so any help would be greatly appreciated 👍