View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2019, 11:50 am   #3
Atmosferit
Triode

Default Re: Brionvega Algol BV1 "contact" issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatercathodeshort View Post
Have you checked the soldering to the pins of the scart socket? These often become disconnected especially if the connector lead is removed and replaced often. John.
I've not checked anything at this moment: The seller told me he would agree to cancel the transaction, but only if I did not try to open anything.

From purely an outside examination, it seems that pressing any of the connectors from the back, including the antenna, RCA/Cinch, etc... does the same thing, it almost look like if that was somewhat moving the entire circuit board and get it to disconnect something.

The fact that the standby light stays on kind of mean that the power is still on, so I was wondering if that could not be an issue with the connection between the main board and the "highpower" transformer (or whatever it's called, the thing that powers the tube/canon) which could be damaged/lose.

Basically, before attempting to opening, I wanted to have some opinion from people who know this brand, and if generally speaking they are repairable (I was able to find schematics for the very old model, but not for that one).

I've repaired simple things like tape drives and portable radios, but I've never worked on anything involving a CRT or potentially dangerous power, so I'm being cautious there