View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2021, 5:41 pm   #2091
bikerhifinut
Octode

Default Re: The Audiophoolery Thread.

I usually just use whatever is lying around to perform a digital connection to the DAC bit of the CD player.
I find its really useful to skip/ignore the cable reviews in magazines, and when the record shop in Carlisle re opens I'll be in there browsing and spending money on the stuff that makes the stereo sound so good to me. .......... Music.

However if I was really exercised on choosing a digital interconnect I'd try and find a pro audio engineer and ask what they used.
And Craigs observation on the tarnishing of contacts is where many of us more cynical audio enthusiasts reckon people hear any improvement, the mere action of wiping a socket and plug contact together can improve electrical contact.
Some of us have said so in certain forums (fora?) and been told we are wrong..... I have done my experiments on speaker wire (I hate the word "cable" that's something you hang a ships anchor off in my world) and connecting leads in the past and bizarrely I now stick to my nice long length of generic 79 strand copper wire and I had equally good results using ordinary 7 amp double insulated lighting flex, this compared to a couple of 2m lengths of some silver plated Chord company wire, their less expensive one, and I am never sure there is a difference so on that bombshell...................

Andy.
bikerhifinut is offline   Reply With Quote