View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2023, 9:31 pm   #16
Sgt_oddball
Diode

Default Re: Sony Wega wiggling out...

I now have a minor confession... I got curious over the G2 setting and checked to see where it was positioned (after first marking it's existing position) and it only turns 180 degrees as it turns out. Of which it was set in the middle.

Turning it on when dialed right down at least allowed the set to start, display a very white, rather round image and even get to menu settings.... Then restart before settling on the 8 blinks again. I've set it back for now but it does give hope that it's not lost. I even suspect that I could pull back the scan from the service menu if only I could prevent it cycling back to protection mode. I've set it back to its original setting on the dial though as I'm not going to push my luck right now.

I'll wait on advice from Red to Black before I start tinkering further (feels like I might need to check capacitors on D2 board or find a way of holding off the protection circuit from triggering.) At any rate its good to see signs of life on this tank of a set, just hope I can get the convergence sorted once it lives again (serves me right not wanting to open her up from the start and seeing I could resolve it through the service menu rather than opening it up in the first place).