View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2023, 3:16 pm   #1
tuscan24
Diode

Default NTS (Alcatel) London 8 PABX.

New Here, Hello Everyone

Just acquired this 1980's PABX for my new little collection of vintage LD GPO phones.

its configured as 2 x 6 and working pretty well through a bank of 6 Extension Master sockets and connected to my single PSTN. The unit converts LD from the extensions to MF on the PSTN with no problem. Including sending menu selections to online banking etc.

I found a User Guide and Programming Guide on www.britishtelephones.com which was very handy.

My questions:

The backup battery is not holding any programming changes that I make, there are only a few and its no big deal to put them in again via Ext 21. (The eBay seller was very upfront about this) Any advice on where to get one and is it worth the risk of changing.

There is mention that the LONDON series should be able to accept the digit 1 instead of an earth recall, (none of my old phones have a recall button anyway) - I cant get this to work, wondering if it could be a polarity issue or programming option that I haven't found)

I think that if I could find another Extension card, I could replace the unused PSTN card and make it a 1 x7 - Any ideas where to find one?

Thanks for any help