View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2014, 5:10 pm   #93
Valve'n'vinyl
Pentode

Default Re: 405-Line VHF Aerials in 2013

Here are some photo's of a 405 VHF antenna on a house where J.Arthur Rank was born and lived here in Hull.I took them today for everyone to see . Sadly, the house is now derelict and has been for the last 5-8 years. It was converted into bedsits and flats in the 1960's but got closed by the council because of the druggies and idiots that lived and frequented there some years ago.
I was listening to BBC Radio Humberside a few months back and the DJ brought the subject up as a daily topic. The DJ (Andy Comfort I think!?!) was very passionate about preserving the building and asked for people to ring in with ideas . Someone mentioned what I was thinking and that was to turn it into a museum . How nice it would be if they had a room playing Rank organisation films and old Rank T.V's and Radios on display. It is near a good area and it saddens me to see it fall into this decrepid state. I drove past 2 months or so ago to find the front door open with a bald headed reporter stood outside , microphone in hand and a camera man with him.That night I looked at all the editions of local news and nothing was mentioned. There is also another antenna that has fallen and hanging on the chimney stack , it looks like a Band 3 job , sadly the camera has not picked it up. Anyway, here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3328.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	91979   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3329.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	91980   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3330.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	91981   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3331.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	91982  

Last edited by Valve'n'vinyl; 25th Apr 2014 at 5:15 pm.
Valve'n'vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote