View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2021, 3:44 pm   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Clicking on open image closes Forum link

Thank you Paul, I must admit I do not normally tick "Remember Me" but I will do in future.

I tried ticking it but no change. I then tried another browser (Opera) and that was OK. I could then see that the difference was that on Opera I had an horizontal tab box across the top of the screen with 2 tab boxes, one for the image and one for the normal Forum screen view.

On browser I normally use (MS Edge) there is no horizontal tabs along the top of the screen (there used to be). Then discovered that I had vertical tabs enabled and the tabs were appearing vertically, so when the image was clicked on for the second time and it was looking like the Forum screen had closed down, it was not actually closed, it just needed the Forum tab to be selected, which was not obvious at all.

So I have now set it back to horizontal tabs by selecting "Turn off vertical tabs" little icon, somehing I have never noticed before, so mystery solved. At some stage I must have inadvertantly selected "Turn on vertical tabs" from the little icon in top left of screen.

David

Last edited by DMcMahon; 16th Mar 2021 at 3:52 pm.