View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2021, 8:56 am   #114
staticmind
Tetrode

Default Re: B&O Capri 606 TV (17") restoration

Hi,
I assume you mean the resistor under the yellow wire? Well, it measured spot on, but I'll change it then
The thing is that there are tons of Vitrohms in this set, and only replaced those out of tolerance - but if there are issues, they are of course likely subject to be replaced.
The hose contains a shielded (steel wrapped) cable going towards the PL36 (and the 220k Vitrohm mounted on the backside of the PL36 base.. yes, I know).

Regarding capacitors:
For the boost cap, I replaced the CDE 940 with the Wima FKP1 because I prefer to have the stated 56n compared to 47n. Unfortunately, a CDE 940 (or similar) 10 nF is out of stock for a long time, so not possible to parallel. According to Wima, the 1000V rating is a bit underrated for pulse applications when I have 475V pulses. So, should I just stay with 47n, or go for 68n - is the value highly critical?
The 56n value FKP1 has been discontinued for a long time.

Instead of the 180nF I currently use, I'll try to source the 1600V R76 series radial capacitor from Kemet (Datasheet: https://content.kemet.com/datasheets/KEM_F3034_R76.pdf) . It comes in a version with long leads, so that would suffice.