View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2021, 1:01 pm   #104
staticmind
Tetrode

Default Re: B&O Capri 606 TV (17") restoration

Hi,

I gave the AT2018 a good drying out in the oven at 40-45 deg C. for many hours. Measurements are exactly the same on all tags.

Did the same with the AT2021 - and fitted this into the set instead, noting the change in tags. Would you believe it - STILL low-ish EHT, the same as with the AT2018.

It also seems that it isn't a perfect match with the scanning coils, as I now have a little bit of brightness "ringing" at the leftmost side. I reused the 220nF capacitor that the AT2018 used, as I don't have a 180nF available, that the AT2021 schematic lists - but this might correct the bad matching (?).

I'm really struggling to determine why the EHT is low and what exactly determines what the EHT will be. The DY87 is fine. Should I try a new PY88 or PL36? I suppose that if the line drive to the PL36 does not have enough amplitude (150V peaks), the EHT will become lower as well. With neither of the LOPTs I hear a clear line whistle, but I know the AT2021 in the old chassis did make quite an audible whistle.