View Single Post
Old 19th May 2020, 12:45 am   #9
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Safe to apply mains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Seventy7 View Post
Hi,

I've been following the other BT302 thread, so I'll try use that as a guide where needed/possible.
I would ignore that thread completely as it will totally confuse you! There are much better ways of proceeding and getting to the point of at least producing a raster (blank but illuminated screen).

£15 was a really good price especially if it was local to you. That's the sort of price these things should be!

You can wait until you have got to the point of getting a decent raster before rushing out and getting a standards converter!

The Aurora converter has been a really great piece of kit, but having searched about for a while, I'm not sure they are still available. However, the Hedghog converter is equally fantastic and forum member (Freya) was offering them as built units at a great price.

The first thing is to get a copy of the circuit diagram and then to post some pictures of the internals of the set.

Ah, I see you have already done that- well done!
There is lots of information on this site about the BT302. (type it into the search box at the top of the site) Have a look at some of the older threads. That should give you more of an idea of what you are dealing with!

Cheers
Nick

Last edited by 1100 man; 19th May 2020 at 12:54 am. Reason: more text added