View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2021, 4:27 pm   #33
Steve Gibson
Triode

Default Re: Which signal generator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou31 View Post
Hi Steve,

The TF2008 seems to be a good RF generator with a quite wide frequency range from 10k to 512MHz. It providers AM,FM modulation, and also sweeping but with a limited frequency variation.
I have a HP8654B that it as also a good RF generator, but lower end limited at 10MHz.
For attenuator I recommend external rotary 10dB per step attenuator or switch attenuator 1,2,4,8,16,32. We cand find it used for a good price, or new Chinese model but I dont know quality. Yes a separate DC block is highly recommended.
How much for the TF2008?
Thanks

Jean-Louis

Thanks for the info.

The Unit was £245 and looks immaculate and came with the front cover with operating instructions on the back. lt still had tamper wax on the case screws and original tamper seals still in place inside - so I've left well alone for now.

After a cursory look over the 160mA fuse is blown so I've not plugged it in yet and could do with some advice on whether I should carry out further inspections or maintenance, or if I should just replace the fuse and turn it on through a dim bulb limiter and see what it does?