View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2017, 9:11 am   #63
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: 'Cable Break In' - I never knew that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseymo1 View Post
If these devices were offered on a 'money back if not satisfied' basis, I suspect the psychology might change somewhat. It would certainly be interesting to see if any remained about which these was a consensus of unexplained but nevertheless beneficial effects.
I doubt that very much! In fact, for the type of people we are talking about, that's the nub of the problem; they are not open minded, they want to hear an improvement, so their brain tells them that they can. Otherwise, if they did the sensible thing and together with a mate or two performed some blind testing (ABX preferably), they'd soon find out that there is no difference, or at least, they cannot hear it. No, these people are a 'type', their one goal is the pursuance of 'perfect sound'. Sadly, as we all know, that doesn't exist, and sadder still, a lot of these people simply do not have the 'ears' to differentiate anyway. Just as there are brain surgeons, there are studio engineers and experienced audio equipment designers, and just because the 'layman' possesses a pair of lugholes, it demonstrably doesn't equip him to be an expert on sound and sound systems. Neither does reading and digesting hifi mags by the truckload. But people do, and they hang on every word. They can't be cured, seriously. Hey, there's people out there making money out of all this, say no more!