View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2023, 1:58 pm   #4
ortek_service
Octode

Default Re: Canon Ixus 185 spare battery protector.

IIRC, the original NB-11LH (Higher capacity 800mAH version of the NB-11L) I had with my IXUS 175 came with a protective-clip to fit over the terminals.

And some years ago, I also managed to buy some Canon NB-11LH ones quite cheap from Chinese suppliers via the usual online marketplace sites, that also came with the protective-clip and were also in the same printed-markings blue-bag that the original came in. Also got some (from seller in Ireland, but actually got shipped from China?) in retail packaging.
These Canon-branded ones seemed to last as long as the original one, with the battery-level indicator working OK, so appear to be genuine
- Unlike the 'compatible' often unbranded ones, that don't usually come with the cover and even though some claim to be 1000mAh, none seem to last as long as originals / you don't get much warning of battery being low until battery-level symbol goes straight to flashing.
And I've been storing these as a set of 4 in an old DAT/DDS-tape box.

I've also bought used genuine Canon NB-11L(H) marked ones, often date-marked more recent than my original, and these have been as good as my original, which doesn't seem to have lost capacity over many years of frequent use. But I saw recently that new Canon NB-11LH ones were being sold again from China for about the same / a lot less than official Canon price.

I would have expected the IXUS 185 (successor to the IXUS 175?) would also come with the higher-capacity NB-11LH - Particularly as it's the only IXUS model still being sold (but now at a rather-higher £260!, and out-of stock at most places, as it seems most Digital Cameras have dramatically increased in price with fewer being produced now that most use Smartphones instead).