Thread: Mini-Mod 2021!
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2022, 11:31 am   #122
Electronpusher0
Nonode

Default Re: Mini-Mod 2021!

The boards have arrived!

I have assembled and tested one board in all three variations
1. For battery use with no regulator fitted and a link in the D101 position.
2. For use with a 78L09 regulator - all components starting at number 100 EXCEPT R101 and R102 fitted.
3. For use with an LM317 – all components starting at number 100 fitted.

All three options work.

However there are two minor errors in the layout but they do not affect its operation.
The errors are:
The silk screen shows the tab of the LM317 facing the top of the board, it must be mounted with the tab facing the bottom. See pictures
The second error is quite embarrassing. The 3.5mm stereo jack socket footprint is upside down, this means that the socket must be mounted on the copper side of the board! Fortunately the socket is low profile so should not be too much of a problem.

The error occurred because this is a footprint I created myself and KiCad requires footprints to be constructed as viewed from the top of the board. I found the dimensions of the socket on line but of course they were viewed from underneath and I forgot to transpose them.

I will now offer the remaining boards on the appropriate section of the forum. The boards themselves cost £1 each including the shipment from China. Ian, whose design it is, has requested a £1 per board donation to Charity. Postage will be £1.45 first class but I will increase that to £2 to allow for packing. I will limit the offer to 2 boards per person initially just in case there is a rush!. I have 28 available.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery version.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	268112   Click image for larger version

Name:	78L09 version.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	268113   Click image for larger version

Name:	LM317 version.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	268114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Input Socket.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	268115  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Minimod Mk2 Final Schematic.pdf (76.7 KB, 147 views)