View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2009, 12:59 pm   #35
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: French polishing for beginners.

Hi,

I hope this thread encourages even more members to have a go at French polishing as more information is added. I've never seen french polishing basics covered before in such detail and sincerely wish I had this information together with suppliers years ago rather than have to struggle the way I did.

Thanks once again Ben; I've just done a search on the Comma Manista hand cleaner and find it on sale locally through Wilco Motosave. Wilco have 43 stores and it can also be bought online at £3.69 plus UK delivery £2.95. 700ml. by clicking on the link.

I've never heard of this product but it looks to be perfect for my needs and I'm more than happy to buy some.

I'd like to add a bit more information on tinted shellac as mentioned in Tony's post #20. As experience is gained virtually any colour of polish can be made by the addition of powdered colour sold for the purpose of colouring shellac and once again this is is available from Restoration Materials. The colours are powerful so a little goes a long way. For a poor cabinet Garnet Shellac hides a multitude of sins. Regards, Col.