View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2017, 5:04 pm   #140
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: 'Cable Break In' - I never knew that!

Liam, you don't give a single, science or physics based reason why a cry-treated valve is better than an untreated one. I have to say, the use of phrases and words like 'character building', 'well rounded/superior sounding', and 'perspective' are exactly the reason why non-audiophools respond to such claims with phrases such as smoke and mirrors, voodoo and snake oil. I'd love to hear, from you, in your own science based words (not a link to someone else's similar 'beliefs') exactly why cry-treated valves are better? I don't believe they are until I see the proof, although you say quite clearly and knowingly, "This one is actually true". Prove it. And for sure, 'proof' isn't an audiophool telling me that they can hear a difference. I can't speak for everyone (clearly) but in general we're a pretty science based bunch on here, we grew up on electronics and radio theory, and we use that theory every day to repair, set up and even modify audio equipment old and new. Notional views are only of use to those who want to believe them and for whatever reason choose not to look for objective based answers. Then again... you could be joking..