View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2023, 10:08 pm   #1
DonaldStott
Octode

Default Heathkit RF1U Signal Generator

Back in June 2020 with the help of David G4EBT I manage to repair and restore a Heathkit RF1U Signal Generator.

It's worked well for a couple of years and I've used it for the IF and RF alignment of various sets.

Over the past couple of weeks its gone downhill - first I had a detached connection on the RF ATTEN FINE control, then I lost the AF and the RF on one of the Frequency ranges and it's like dominos where more and more sections are failing! Tonight I have AC going into the Heathkit but no AC going into the rectifier and the neon pilot light has failed?

I will of course endeavour to get to the bottom of this but in the meantime there seems no harm in considering a more modern replacement for the Heathkit RF1U Signal Generator. A quick Google search and a search on this Forum has yielded too many options for me to assess! I'd like some advice on possible options please but not sure what I am looking for and what is available? I primarily need the replacement for RF and IF alignment but have seen too many offerings with numerous bells and whistles that I would never use!

In terms of budget I am looking at the bottom end of the price range but nothing too cheap'n'cheerful from exotic locations please!