View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 8:51 am   #1511
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: The Audiophoolery Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Sawyers View Post
Green's functions (which I never understood).
It has long been suspected that there is a book circulated amongst lecturers and kept secret from all others on pain of death.

No, I've not personally seen one, I have no solid evidence for its existence, but a group of us managed to deduce its existence from the effects of its application.

It contains numerous rules, laws, equivalences, theorems and identities which are absolutely guaranteed NOT to have been taught or explained at earlier stages in education.

Thus armed, the lecturer (who had signed in blood for his copy) can scrawl all over his blackboard and drop in an occasional one of these gems if he thinks someone in his audience is actually following him so far and needs to be thrown off the trail. Once done, the rest of the lecture can be absolute crap. So long as he doesn't do anything stupid like mentioning magic pixies, he's home and dry.

Without such defences at the ready, the embarrassing situation Craig just described could happen.

David