UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Websites (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Radiomuseum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184102)

Herald1360 23rd Sep 2021 12:27 pm

Radiomuseum

Has anyone else noticed the change to their model page format?

Station X 23rd Sep 2021 12:34 pm

Re: Radiomuseum

Indeed.

A shameless plug for one of my own contributions:-

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/magneta_model_d.html#

I haven't yet made up my mind whether I like the new format.

ms660 23rd Sep 2021 12:47 pm

Yes, downloaded stuff using the changed format no problem except I couldn't see a full view of the page I wanted before download.

I'm not a member.

Lawrence.

paulsherwin 23rd Sep 2021 1:38 pm

I can't say I'm a fan, though I didn't much like the old layout either.

Walterh 23rd Sep 2021 4:52 pm

hmm, without any notice. strange

ms660 23rd Sep 2021 5:06 pm

I wonder if it's something to do with a maintenance/upgrade issue.

Lawrence.

DMcMahon 23rd Sep 2021 11:37 pm

Seems like with the new format I can no longer request image files (up to 3 a day) using my Guest Login to be sent to my email, can still request schematics.

Right clicking and saving the image (s), only gives a poor resolution copy, unlike emailed copy that used to be good resolution.

David

Kentode 24th Sep 2021 8:02 am

It's better than the old one... On a mobile phone! 8-o

Are they appealing to a younger audience?

Aub 24th Sep 2021 8:23 am

Perhaps they should call it the Retromuseum? 🙄

Aub

Gabe001 24th Sep 2021 1:55 pm

Making it mobile friendly I suppose.

Graham, that amp has got some serious power!

NottsIan 1st Oct 2021 2:25 pm

I can't see any pictures or schematics. What am I missing?

Nuvistor 1st Oct 2021 2:48 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NottsIan (Post 1410924)
I can't see any pictures or schematics. What am I missing?

The link in post #2 has a photo and a schematic, I am not logged in.
If they are not showing in your browser I suggest you check your browser setting, plug-ins and clear any cached data, but keep any passwords saved.

ms660 1st Oct 2021 2:55 pm

Since Post#3 something has changed, it now shows the full page of whichever page I might be interested in.

Lawrence.

Station X 1st Oct 2021 3:48 pm

One thing I've noticed is that if I don't log in I'm bombarded with adverts. I don't recollect that happening before.

The site is still a useful resource though, but I prefer the old version.

Cobaltblue 1st Oct 2021 4:25 pm

Interesting I'm logged in with No Ads

Cheers

Mike T

ThePillenwerfer 1st Oct 2021 6:23 pm

Well, I wouldn't call it an improvement but it's not much worse than it was.

As for adverts I can't say as I use μBlock Origin and run a PiHole.

Station X 1st Oct 2021 6:29 pm

It looks to me like what you see depends on whether you're logged in or not.

If you're logged in the site looks the same as it always has.

If you're not logged in the apearance is different with lots of ads

crackle 2nd Oct 2021 11:38 am

Radio Museum has been making changes to its model pages to make them "mobile" friendly.
At the moment this has only been implemented for guests, so if you are logged in using your mobile you wont see any change.
I believe the reason for the changes is RM's Google ranking was tending to slip because it was not mobile friendly.
I have had the following from RM;
"So far we only developed model pages that work for mobiles. Since Radiomuseum is pretty complex, we need to go step by step. Most guests directly enter model pages via Google Search. That’s why we prioritized the model pages in a first step. :)

If you see any functions (only those available for guests) missing or if you find the handling on a model page itself difficult, we are very happy about feedback in order to improve things/features/structures/etc. iterative.

We know where the buttons are - or where to find certain information. But, is everything clear for guests, as well? If you come across anything, we are happy if you let us know."

If anyone has any constructive comments or observations of items not functioning as they DID BEFORE you can email them to me and I will pass them on.
Mike
Radio Museum, UK Admin

crackle 2nd Oct 2021 11:44 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMcMahon (Post 1409086)
Seems like with the new format I can no longer request image files (up to 3 a day) using my Guest Login to be sent to my email, can still request schematics.

Right clicking and saving the image (s), only gives a poor resolution copy, unlike emailed copy that used to be good resolution.

David

Hi David maybe you were once a member and you have lapsed.
As far as I know guests could never view or request full size image files, only schematic pages were available for guests to download.
Requests for photos can be emailed and individual images identified by model page and image number, stating the reason and how and where they are to be used.

Mike

McMurdo 5th Oct 2021 8:47 pm

the new 'improved' version seems to vary depending on the browser. Sometimes I get an 'all new' look to the browser with big buttons to click for things. Sometimes I get the old version. And sometimes I get a long thin narrow version that looks like I'm viewing it on a mobile when I'm actually on a desktop. Annoying.